Sep 10, 2009

Welcome to a Brand New Day

What motivates you? What inspires you to go out into the world and do great things? For myself it varies. For the most part I would have to say that movies and TV inspire me to do a lot of the things in my life. For example, working out is so much better watching GI Jane. I really do not know why. I lack a true desire to join the special forces and lack even more desire to join the military. Not saying that there is anything wrong with the military I just don't think it's for me. And as I watch the show and sweat I some how feel that my work out is way more intense then it actually is. Maybe that's it. Its a mind game with myself. Like those of you who run long distances with ear buds in. The music helps decrease the mental time you actually put into that 12 mile run.

I do often dream of being able to run long distances without death. It use to be that if you ran a mile everyday you were really doing something. Now if you bring up a mile to a true runner they wonder why you didn't finish your warm up. The average running distance keeps increasing yet my ability to run is ever decreasing. By the time I get up to an actual mile the average distance will be like 22 miles and my little mile will not even be acknowledged as a run. It will be a slow jog. Of course, as time marches on, my run might get up to five miles a day. Then at least I can tell people I only had time to warm up.

No comments:

ontop

Top Blogs