Aug 27, 2009

Perking Coffee

Growing up I can remember almost every trip we ever took in the motor home. It was a short 22ft job with dual rear tires and a Dodge 315 engine. When we first got the motor home it had just under 100,000 miles on it. I think that when I left home and dad sold it the rig had just over 300,000 miles. So in some respects my education was on the road growing up. The concept of travel and RV life is a huge part of my being. One thing I remember is the smell of perking coffee.

A perking coffee pot is one that uses boiling water that comes up in the glass top, spreads over the coffee grounds, then drips into the pot. It takes awhile, but the taste for what ever reason is so much better. The bubbling sound of coffee hitting the top of the glass as it slowly darkens to a mocha brown. The aroma of coffee quietly fills the air as breakfast finishes. This is a great time in my life.

I own two of them. One all glass that I keep on a shelf as a display piece and an old metal one that is for daily use. It is fun to have people stare at it and try to figure out how to make coffee in it. Most require a cup to see how it works and if it really is that good. Let me put most of your minds at ease, it is.

No comments:

ontop

Top Blogs