May 22, 2012

Movie update #1


The search continues for talent, money, locations, and just about every other thing you can think of for this movie.  I must have sent out 50 emails today to actors and actresses for the three roles in this short film.  I did have a few returns but the question is will the ones returning the emails be the right ones for the roles.  As the writer/director I have this vision of what the characters look like and how they will interact.  The truth is that they will never match that vision. 

Funding is the next big question.  I have set to secure any of the promise funding out there but I’m still very hopeful.  Indiegogo has been very wonderful for getting the word out and gaining exposure to various contributors.  I would like to lock down the lead role so that I may create the poster for the film.  The vision can be better realized and maybe spark some interest.

As it sits right now, we are 5 days into pre-production and at a small standstill.  I hope the rest of the week is more successful. 

Dad has been working hard on the steady cam rig and the tabletop dolly.  Both are looking very good.  I hope to get some test shots posted later this week.  I am currently using the Canon Elph 300 HS for my test footage.  It looks amazing for such a little camera.  The audio is amazing as well.  I hope the appearance is not a turn off for the talent but I may just use it for some of the principal photography. 

Locations may end up being as simple as a Motel 6 and my house.  It just depends on what I can find over the course of the next few months.  The dogs will make it very difficult to shoot here but beggars lack choosing.

No comments:

ontop

Top Blogs